Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Diwali Vacation 2009

Wednesday, 15rd October 2009 - 1:11 AM
========================================
Reached Calcutta a little more than 27 hours ago.

This little visit wasn't actually planned in advance. On 12th noon I suddenly felt like going to Calcutta for the Diwali vacations. I just bought a flight ticket on 12th for the 13th and here I was in Calcutta. Actually, I wanted to come down to Calcutta the very moment I thought of it. I was so much into the "hurry-hurry-hurry" mode that time, that I hadn't even realized the present date and bought the ticket for the next day, instead of the actually intended one.
Mah god, what a blunder it was!!! It was so embarassing, because it was only after trvelling 10 mins towards airport, I had realized what I had done.

I wanted to come to Calcutta so badly. Exactly why I wanted to come so badly, I don't even know it myself, but perhaps the boredom was getting into me. I was so happy to even think of getting back to Calcutta, even if it was only for a week. The delay caused due to my mistake of getting ticket for the wrong date was simply too "boring". And the time spent sitting on plane seat was really tooooo long. And specially when the plane was crawling though the runways at Mumbai airport, I wondered whether this was largest the airport in the world or not!

Finally I got to Calcutta. I took my huge red trolly and had to stand in the long queue to get the pre-paid taxi, to get to my "new home". I was so happy until then. I was there back in Calcutta. But now that I was there, I felt like I have left something in Pune. I never felt like, I will miss anything from Pune. But now I really missed Pune. I really missed her. I never liked anything much about Pune. Suddenly I was starting to like Pune. I knocked my head twice with my hand, and said to myself "I am stupid, I am crazy!!".

No comments:

Post a Comment